This year Kris and our friend Brandon had this crazy idea to celebrate the 4th in Evanston WY.
I thought this was the worst idea ever and was totally dragging my feet. I mean honestly, who wants to drive an hour and a half to sit in a parking lot in another state? I even made us late meeting Brandon and Destree because I was so unmotivated to get ready. Well first thing we did when we landed in Evanston was enter the firework store. Wow! It was a mad house. We snagged what remaining items were left on the shelves and $350 later we were loading up the prius with Brandon and Kris grinning from ear to ear. I had no clue what we were in for.
When we exited the car at the park, I felt like we needed to take cover. Destree and I were frozen with "awe" watching all the craziness. Those Wyoming folk know how to throw a firework party. There were fireballs flying all over. Never in my life have I seen anything like it.
We have now all decided that the fourth will never be the same without spending it in Evanston.
2 comments:
you mean to tell me that this 4th of july beats the time we watched the notebook with "the jeffs" and missed fireworks altogether. sad. :o)
you mean to tell me that this 4th was better than watching the notebook with "the jeffs" and missing fireworks altogether? sad. :o)
Post a Comment