We are sooooooooooooooo excited.
ESPECIALLY TUCK!
That this Thanksgiving we are headed to the Williamson's.
I am very thankful that we get to spend
Thanksgiving with my family.
It has been 6 years since I have been with them on this holiday.
As we were driving down to spend the night, I reflected on all I have to be grateful for. We have been very blessed with this year. Our amazing baby girl was/is the greatest miracle of all. I can't imagine one minute of life without her in it. Every morning when I wake up she is the first thing I think about. I literally get butterflies of excitement as I walk into her room to hug and kiss my special little girl. I just adore her and feel so blessed that I get the opportunity to be her Mom. I can't think of a more incredible gift. There just isn't one.
Last year at this time I was in such a sad and miserable place. I was feeling completely beaten down and didn't know if I could ever really be happy. After all the fertility treatments, invalid adoptions attempts and heartbreak, I felt so broken. I was struggling to find myself after being sick and drugged up for the 4 previous years.
What a difference a year can make!
With Zellie in our world, so much of that hurt has healed. She has brought nothing but pure love into our home. It is incredible what a little special soul can do for a family. Kris and I are closer together and we truly enjoy all the fun quiet moments we get to spend as a little family. We both love going and doing family activities and watching Zellie experience new things. Sometimes even just having a lazy morning with the three of us cuddling in bed is the highlight of our week. :)
My sister McKayla and I are closer than we have ever been. Again, my special Zellie has everything to do with that. McKayla has always been there for me and been my biggest supporter when it comes to my little Zoo Zoo. I truly do not know what I would do without her. We meet up and hang out often and I feel so very blessed to be able to have that relationship with her. It is the greatest to have your sister as your best friend. Nothing better in my book. Plus, I think it is pretty safe to say Maley and Zell are best friends too. They just light up when the are together. Zellie never smiles so big as when she sees her Moo Moo.
I am so grateful for prayer. I know all the good things that have happened in my life have come from prayer. I always know that my Heavenly Father is there to listen and help me through whatever life places in front of me. He has proven that to me time and time again. Even in my darkest and loneliest moments he never left me. I can always talk to my Savior through prayer. I am so blessed to be able to know His true teachings and be a member of the one and only true church that is on this earth.
So much to be thankful for....
Life is good!
2 comments:
What a beautiful post! YOu are such a wonderful mother-- I can just tell how much you love your beautiful daughter and Kris?? forget about it. He looks so happy I almost don't recognize him:)
Thank heavens for prayer. Thank heavens for love! Thank heavens for sisters! I think you said it all!
Whoa! You started posting to your blog again! Haven't checked in awhile. That was a lot to catch up on... good job :)
It truly has been amazing how much has changed in just a year's time. Coming out of such a hard place to where you are now has been inspirational to watch. I must say, you paid your dues with grace... and your reward is so deserved! I've loved watching the "cutest made-for-each-other couple EVER" grow into the "perfect little family" :) Zell is just as lucky to have you guys as you are her. Meant to be.
Post a Comment