
So several months ago Kris had this fun idea for the two of us to run the Salt Lake Marathon together. I was so excited that he wanted to run. Ever since the day we registered I have had this image of us running across the finish line hand in hand. (yes, super cheesy I know!)
Running has been a blast. I love going out on a run with my best friend. It has been fun to push one another and chat along the way. Kris always entertains me with his business ideas and dreams of moving to Africa. We both have I-pod's but we seem to hardly ever use them. (That is until we get to mile 15 and we both start to get irritable and need to zone out with our tunes.)
About two weeks ago Kris and I kissed Tuck goodbye and took off for our 18 mile run. We were enjoying a new trail we had found through several little horse ranches. About 4 miles out Kris dropped to the ground in pain. In the beginning I thought he was faking. Kris is such a tease and so I start on about how he is just tired and he needed to admit he just needed a breather. Well if only that was the truth. Here we are weeks later and he is still my M.I.A. running partner. I am hating it. Running alone is painful and I am missing our time together. So the damage? Kris pulled his I.T. Band. Currently he can't even run a 1/2 mile without feeling the pain begin. Therefore, I am FREAKING OUT!
I really will be so sad if Kris and I can finish the marathon hand in hand as I visualized. lol....Oh and the thought of 26.2 miles without my best friend by my side to push me along the way is painful. The marathon is on the 19Th of April. If anyone has any suggestions for fast healing please send it my way so I can stop FREAKING OUT about my solo marathon!
No comments:
Post a Comment