Mr. Kris and I haven't been camping nearly as much as we would have liked.
With it chilling down
I thought I better jump on it.
So I SuRpRiSeD My KrIs WiTh A CaMpOuT
It took a bit of work...
~I gathered all the gear
~warm clothes
~Bedding
~Loaded up the car
~Pre-made our tin foil dinners
~Got food together for breakfast
~Gathered wood
Once I had everything together Tuck and I drove up to American Fork Canyon to pick out a camp spot.
I was sooooo excited about my little scheme...
I was going to pick Kris up and haul him off to the mountains!
Once Tuck and I found the perfect spot
I set up camp.
Rolled out all the goods
and...
BuilT ThE BesT WooD TeepeE IN ThE FirepiT YoU HaD EveR SeeN.
It was all ready to go so all we had to do was light the paper when we arrived and we could have a blazing fire.
After setting up camp...
I WENT TO PAY FOR THE SITE
The little camp manager had just past by me cruising on is golf cart
so...
I wrote out a check
grabbed an envolope
filled out the info
then
I
waited
and
I
waited.
Was he coming back?
I had to get going back home so I would be able to surprise Kris
So
I dropped the money in one of those metal polls.
You know,
the ones that are like 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall and are cylinder like.
I thought that is where the $ went.
So Tuck and I race back down and surprise Mr. Kris at his work.
He is not excited about this surprise...
It's okay,
he will be when he sees my most perfect awesome spot and fire!
When we get to the spot,
I am excited as can be as we get out of the car.
I race around showing him everything.
We get to the fire pit...
I am excited to show him my prize wood creation that is going to make the best fire ever.
ALL THE WOOD IS GONE!
I am just shocked.
I can't believe it
Did another camper steal it?
Someone had a fire here while we were gone and used my wood, they just saw my wood teepee and had to light it.
HOW RUDE!
Just as we are trying to figure out the fire pit mystery the camp manger shows up
Camp Manager:" Hello, I need you to pay for this site."
Me: "I did pay. You zipped off in your cart and I couldn't wait so I put our $ in the metal cylinder poll next to your motor home."
Camp Manager : "why would you put it there? How am I ever going to get it out?"
Me: "I don't know, I just thought that is where it went if you were not there."
Camp Manager very much annoyed: "Well, I guess I'll go see if there is some way I can get it out."
Kris: " You didn't happen to see someone at our campsite did you? All our wood is gone."
Camp Manager: "Nobody was here but me...I came up to get the money for the site and your fire pit was smoking. You can't just leave your campsite with a fire going. Have a good night"
Kris starts laughing ....
Me: "What's so funny?"
Kris: "Well Sweety, there must have been a few hot coals in the fire so your wood burned while you were gone. Nobody stole it."
Then Kris proceeded to give me a lecture on how forest fires are started!
It ended up being a great camping night....
It was so beautiful and I could have sat around the fire all night long
IF WE WOULD HAVE HAD MORE WOOD!
Thanks Mr. Kris for the fun time.
With it chilling down
I thought I better jump on it.
So I SuRpRiSeD My KrIs WiTh A CaMpOuT
It took a bit of work...
~I gathered all the gear
~warm clothes
~Bedding
~Loaded up the car
~Pre-made our tin foil dinners
~Got food together for breakfast
~Gathered wood
Once I had everything together Tuck and I drove up to American Fork Canyon to pick out a camp spot.
I was sooooo excited about my little scheme...
I was going to pick Kris up and haul him off to the mountains!
Once Tuck and I found the perfect spot
I set up camp.
Rolled out all the goods
and...
BuilT ThE BesT WooD TeepeE IN ThE FirepiT YoU HaD EveR SeeN.
It was all ready to go so all we had to do was light the paper when we arrived and we could have a blazing fire.
After setting up camp...
I WENT TO PAY FOR THE SITE
The little camp manager had just past by me cruising on is golf cart
so...
I wrote out a check
grabbed an envolope
filled out the info
then
I
waited
and
I
waited.
Was he coming back?
I had to get going back home so I would be able to surprise Kris
So
I dropped the money in one of those metal polls.
You know,
the ones that are like 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall and are cylinder like.
I thought that is where the $ went.
So Tuck and I race back down and surprise Mr. Kris at his work.
He is not excited about this surprise...
It's okay,
he will be when he sees my most perfect awesome spot and fire!
When we get to the spot,
I am excited as can be as we get out of the car.
I race around showing him everything.
We get to the fire pit...
I am excited to show him my prize wood creation that is going to make the best fire ever.
ALL THE WOOD IS GONE!
I am just shocked.
I can't believe it
Did another camper steal it?
Someone had a fire here while we were gone and used my wood, they just saw my wood teepee and had to light it.
HOW RUDE!
Just as we are trying to figure out the fire pit mystery the camp manger shows up
Camp Manager:" Hello, I need you to pay for this site."
Me: "I did pay. You zipped off in your cart and I couldn't wait so I put our $ in the metal cylinder poll next to your motor home."
Camp Manager : "why would you put it there? How am I ever going to get it out?"
Me: "I don't know, I just thought that is where it went if you were not there."
Camp Manager very much annoyed: "Well, I guess I'll go see if there is some way I can get it out."
Kris: " You didn't happen to see someone at our campsite did you? All our wood is gone."
Camp Manager: "Nobody was here but me...I came up to get the money for the site and your fire pit was smoking. You can't just leave your campsite with a fire going. Have a good night"
Kris starts laughing ....
Me: "What's so funny?"
Kris: "Well Sweety, there must have been a few hot coals in the fire so your wood burned while you were gone. Nobody stole it."
Then Kris proceeded to give me a lecture on how forest fires are started!
It ended up being a great camping night....
It was so beautiful and I could have sat around the fire all night long
IF WE WOULD HAVE HAD MORE WOOD!
Thanks Mr. Kris for the fun time.


9 comments:
HAHAH! I love that story with the camp dude. That's totally something I would do!
Wow that is a pretty intense story! I wish I liked camping, planning girls camp though was enough to last me for a lifetime I think :)
What a thoughtful wife you are! Those darn wood stealers!
What kind of fenced in area were you sleeping in? Looks like so much fun and very beautiful!
ps
thank you for your very sweet texts today! I am very nervous for tomorrow! I just worry worry worry! But your message cheered me up between my worries.
xoxo
looks so fun!
What a great getaway. So funny, a girl tries to be all prepared....(I can see myself doing that too so you're not alone!)
LOL...this is seriously one of the funniest stories I have ever heard!! It will never ever get old..
MiRanda- i just love you!!! Thanks for the laugh- looks like a blast!
Best story of the camping season HANDS DOWN! You are too cute! I would have been laughing all night and into the morning!
Post a Comment