My sister McKayla had her baby.
I just am so excited to have another little nephew.
He is such a cute little guy.
Brock Robert Shockley
With Brock's arrival,
I can't help but be in awe of the miracle of birth and bringing life into the world.
I still am fascinated by the fact he grew in her stomach.
Just incredible.
Sometimes,
only sometimes,
I let my mind go to the reality of what I will never have or do as I watch her experience bringing a new little one into their family.
But then I remind myself I just can't entertain that.
I am blessed in a unique way.
I had a different experience as Zellie entered my world.
Painful and difficult,
magical and spiritual
all in its own.
My experience is special all the more to me, to my sweet little Zellie and Kris.
It reminds me
not a single minute
of being a Mom is anything but a blessing and gift.
My friend Kerianne is due Jan. 12 and when I was talking to her she told me
"I think God loves you more than me. You never have to go through this miserable physical pain of being pregnant. You are so blessed."
It may sound corny but it really made me feel better.
I have had so so so many mixed emotions watching my sister's beautiful little family this week.
I have no choice but to force myself to think there is truth to it.
(even though I know God loves each of us the same)
It just has made me feel better this week.
Oh how I love Kerianne.
Everyone should have a "Kerianne" in their life. :)
She always seems to say something perfect in the moment even if she doesn't know it.
This week especially,
as I reflect back to the day we got our baby Z,
now more than ever,
it seems an even greater miracle that sweet Christina and Coedy were able to let my little girl out of their lives and into mine.
I just am so excited to have another little nephew.
He is such a cute little guy.
Brock Robert Shockley
With Brock's arrival,
I can't help but be in awe of the miracle of birth and bringing life into the world.
I still am fascinated by the fact he grew in her stomach.
Just incredible.
Sometimes,
only sometimes,
I let my mind go to the reality of what I will never have or do as I watch her experience bringing a new little one into their family.
But then I remind myself I just can't entertain that.
I am blessed in a unique way.
I had a different experience as Zellie entered my world.
Painful and difficult,
magical and spiritual
all in its own.
My experience is special all the more to me, to my sweet little Zellie and Kris.
It reminds me
not a single minute
of being a Mom is anything but a blessing and gift.
My friend Kerianne is due Jan. 12 and when I was talking to her she told me
"I think God loves you more than me. You never have to go through this miserable physical pain of being pregnant. You are so blessed."
It may sound corny but it really made me feel better.
I have had so so so many mixed emotions watching my sister's beautiful little family this week.
I have no choice but to force myself to think there is truth to it.
(even though I know God loves each of us the same)
It just has made me feel better this week.
Oh how I love Kerianne.
Everyone should have a "Kerianne" in their life. :)
She always seems to say something perfect in the moment even if she doesn't know it.
This week especially,
as I reflect back to the day we got our baby Z,
now more than ever,
it seems an even greater miracle that sweet Christina and Coedy were able to let my little girl out of their lives and into mine.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted a comment. Now I can view your blog. This post almost brought me to tears. You are such a strong person, Miranda. I'm sure that does bring so many emotions watching your sister and friend have babies, however, I truly believe you will never take motherhood for granted like many moms do (myself included at times). Adoption is such a miracle in itself! I love your cute little family, that Zellie is so precious. Lets really get together soon. We should go on a walk one of these nice days!
You are an amazing person because you have decided to take Zellie into your life and make her yours for eternity. She had a biological mom and dad who knew they couldn't give her the same things you and Kris can! And it is true, being pregnant and puking the whole first trimester is not ideal, but it is always worth it to be a mom, no matter how you get your baby! All of this makes you better because you really appreciate everything you have!! You amaze me and inspire me to be a better mom!
I love adoptions because it has truly given me a special witness that each of our spirits were chosen before they were born to be ours to nurture, love and raise. My brother has adopted 3 children through lds family services and each one comes with their own unique story and it is absolutely DEFINITE that each one of those spirits were theirs to raise. Yours was yet another testament to me of the same sweet thing.......I knew that truth before adoption, but I hadn't seen it with my own eyes so I didn't KNOW IT at the same time. It has really helped me gain a solid testimony that each of our own children were such a unique and special gift hand wrapped and delivered just for me (and you)...... I'm thankful for that special witness, and the people (like you and Kris) who had to take the journey for the world (and I) to see it. Not many people are given that gift. You are a choice few.
Oh my.. I love you M! You forgot to mention all the stupid stuff I say on a regular basis. Haha
Since having Sage (and going through the oh so fun recovery), I've been thinking a lot about why pain is such a big part of bringing a child into your family! It's what we've been asked to do, right? While I still don't fully understand why it is so necessary.. I do know that the greater the opposition, the greater the reward. Mine was physical, yours was emotional.. but the love for our babies is stronger just the same. Thanks for always reminding me to be grateful and inspiring me to be a better mom!
Post a Comment